Welcome to The Greyhound at Wivenhoe, a traditional family run pub serving a fine selection of real ales and freshly prepared, locally sourced home cooked food.
So we will be opening our doors from 12pm Saturday July 4th!
We are so excited to welcome you all back to The “New” Greyhound! While we have missed you all terribly and can’t wait to see you, we completely understand if you’re not feeling totally at ease with returning to the pub just yet. We’ll be here when you are!
- Just a few things in place to make it a safe environment for you all to be in:
- We will have a slightly earlier closing time of 10pm for the time being
- There is a one way in and one way out system. You will enter via the left hand front door on High Street and exit via our back gate on Queens Road – strictly no entry via Queens Road
- When you arrive you’ll be shown to your table (max 6 people from 2 households). Please give staff time to sanitise tables and chairs before you take your seats
- Table service inside the pub
- In the garden you may order at the bar and your order will be brought to you
- There will be collection points for glasses and cutlery minimising our contact with you
- As we only have one corridor please give way to one another
- Toilets have a one in one out system
- You will be asked to stay at your table and not mingle with surroundings tables
- For the smokers there is only 1 designated spot in the garden for one person at a time. You may want to go for a walk to the park 🤣
- Children are permitted but MUST remain seated at all times and supervised going to the toilet
- If children cannot be relied upon to stay seated at all times they will not be permitted
- There are no prams or pushchairs at the moment
- Strictly no seating at the bar or loitering in the bar area
- We are currently only taking bookings on Sundays and these will be for a max 2 hours
- You will find sanitising stations around the pub – please sanitise hands before entering the toilets and wash/sanitise before leaving
- Finally, please be patient with us….we’re trying to get used to this too! Phew……see you soon